Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 5 begins...

I am that my start this week will be better than I ended it last week. I really feel on a roll, so I'm a little worried this week since I will be out of town most of it. Oh I won't be off the bandwagon as I already know I will eat well and still be doing cardio; maybe it's more my fear of being out of my regular routine. But you know, I have to make it work and plow on.

I was reading my Journey magazine last week (daily devotional mag), and Friday's was entitled "Temple Maintenance." It talked about weight loss, motivation and self-control (aaaahhhhh). She talked about how first and foremost our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, we were bought at a price and we should honor Him with our bodies. Am I able to serve Him, glorify Him, and testify His goodness through my body? WOW, that really hit me. She also talked about the fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23), and how those play into our "temples." This all really made me think about my goals for the week, and my verse:

You were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your body
1 Corinthians 6:20

My goals this week:
No less than 2 lb weight loss
Cardio everyday - expending myself
That my body and actions are glorifying to the Lord

0 comments: