Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweaty, party of 1

Since I decided my bed was better than the bike this morning - I fixed dinner and jetted to the road while the boys ate.

I went my usual route, but decided at my normal turning point to go straight. I do not like going the straight way b/c on the turn around there is a slow incline for about 1/2 mile a stop sign, then a steep short hill. (if you could see the "hill" you'd laugh, it's not that huge but for some reason since I started riding last summer have a mental thing with it.) So I did it, but when I turned around the wind almost blew me over. I can not believe how strong it was today. Let me back up...about 3/4 a mile before I hit the turn around 2 slim bike guys go zooming past me! I'm struggling to keep 13mph, they were going at least 20 - I'm guessing. So I let it get to me for about 30 seconds, and then realize...they have at least 27 speeds I have SEVEN, I trained for a triathlon on SEVEN. I'd like to see them do that...I hit the turn around, make it up the incline and push through on the little hill. Only to be passed by another, hulking, biker. I press on. I then decide to turn down my usual route and add more distance. THE WIND THE WIND! The whole 4 miles home I struggle to keep 10mph and I am really working it. I made it home!
8.27 miles in 46 and change minutes. A little slower than I like, but I persevered through the wind.

I really like biking. I give myself little goals along the way...crank it up that hill, full speed until Arapaho, etc. It works for me, letting me keep the blinders in place, never veering off course.

DAILY DETERMINED!!!

off to shower and EAT

1 comments:

JRo said...

You are to biking like I am to running. Enjoy it! I like how you are fiercely daily determined!