Tuesday, May 20, 2008

wiped out ramblings

I am so glad I am getting back into the swing of working out before the dead of summer heat hits. That way maybe the transition into summer won't hurt so bad. After going to the sprayground this morning, doing housework, then going to swim, oh and make dinner, then backyard playtime...I'm POOPED! Fortunately, so were the boys, I just put them down and not a peep, my kind of day.

Swimming today was good. My first round of laps I so did not push myself hard enough for a high HR, but it was good enough. Then Alison and I decided to run laps in the pool, that spiked up the HR for sure. It was fun, we were racing, and I'm mud if I let the prego gal beat me. Mmm, maybe that was her ploy. Nah, she's too competitive! ha ha ha I definitely feel good about the workout. I'm tired, that's a good sign. So now I get to reward myself by watching American Idol!

Before I sign off: Thank you to all my sweet friends who support me. I have struggled with my weight since before Ethan and I am sick of it. This is not the person that I really am, or who my wonderful Lord created me to be. I know this is going to be an amazing journey. I know that emotionally and spiritually there will be years of hardness stripped away. AND one day you will see the parts of my heart that only few have seen...you know who you are. Oh sure, I am open and honest, but there are places even I haven't seen for a long time. Yea, I'm excited about looking HOT; but almost more so, to see God's changes in me as a woman, wife, and mother.

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful; I know that full well.

0 comments: