Thursday, July 17, 2008

ER Revisited

I've had great workouts this week. So happy about that. As crazy as life has been the past few weeks I've still managed to make them a parital priority. Pat my back! But now on to the real breakthrough stuff...

As you may have read in previous posts (anything else), hubs is in a flare up of his ulcerative colitis. Last night was date night, before we even left the house hubs was not feeling well. He was a champ and we went out anyway. It was wonderful to just sit at dinner and talk. Throughout the evening we had some hiccups with his UC, which brought us to consider the notion of going to the ER. Make a long story short, the boys stayed at our friends, and we ended up in the ER. Our second visit in 2 weeks! erg. This flare up has lasted a good 5 weeks now. It takes a toll on hubs, but me as well. I am emotionally tapped. As they took hubs back for a CT, I decided I needed something to eat and drink. Went out to the vending machines, nixed the sodas (keeping to that goal); settled for peanut butter crackers, and got some hot tea. Back in the room I looked at the crackers and dropped them in my purse without opening them, drank my hot tea.

This is the good part...I did not emotionally eat, I decided against it. I did not want them, but somehow buying them filled that need to eat them. WOW! My friend and I discussed this today and what a milestone/hurdle I have crossed. Under such duress the past weeks and I have conquered it twice. I cried. I really am growing on the inside as well.

This morning I did a mid-week weigh-in. I won't give you numbers, it could change by saturday, BUT I was down another 2lbs. SWEET!

1 comments:

JRo said...

I am so proud of you that I am tearing up still. You are my role model.