Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beat it...

I've talked about the much dreaded hill, that I have been avoiding. Well today I did it. Not only did I do it, but I cranked it up that hill. All those memories of trying to beat it last summer, were left in my dust. Sometimes I really do doubt myself on how far and better I actually am. That is one thing I could work on. On another note, it was not my best ride. Once again, dear ol' Garmin's battery died. And the trailhead was closed. I need to find an alternate route to get to the trail...I'm just not real fond of having to get on the feeder road to 635.

I will be taking my new running shoes back today, make my toes numb. So, I plan on running today as well. After the boys and I have fun swimming - or the sprayground.

It is time for me to get back to writing down everything I eat. Hubs being sick, I have really let some things go by the wayside. NO MORE. I will say that during all this, I held strong and did not get a coke. Oh I wanted one so bad right before his surgery, but JRo talked me through it. I know it's just a coke, but I was very stressed. I've also added on "no sweets." Totally screwed myself on that one last night...hubs work sent him a cookie bouquet. I only ate the head of the turtle and it was soooo good. But not really worth it. Thank goodness each morning is a new day.

0 comments: