Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swimming again....

Julie and I hit the pool today. WOW! It has been a long time and I felt it. The first few laps were rough, then I found a good groove. Funny, I actually miss swimming. It made me feel so strong.

Julie was telling me how she has noticed in the last month my fire coming back. I told her to "WATCH OUT!"

I really feel in a good place with grief recovery over Selah. Oh I'm far from the end of the road, but feel I have made a huge turn. Last week in my reading I was hit with this:

John 10:1-4
"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. 3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

He has gone ahead of me and always will. I looked back and could vividly see him walking into the doctor's office before me. Walking the hall of labor/delivery before me. Touching our wonderful nurse on the way. So on and so on. And with that I have confindence on whatever obstacles I may face on this life's journey. Satan will not win, He can not have my health or anything!

Well that fans the flame on the fire!!!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Praise God for you!
wow.
Powerful!

You go girl!

JRo said...

I have tears, because God allowed me to see some of those very steps and I am humbled by His presence.

I can't say anything else.. but you know my heart on all of this. I love you!

PS
I still hate swimming! :) haha!

Julie said...

You're back, baby! I know it's a process, but mentally, physically, and spiritually, you are making HUGE strides! What an example you are to others in keeping your eyes on Him - you are such an encouragement to me!

Love you! :)