Saturday, February 14, 2009

Heartbreaking Sorrow

For those of you who have not heard. This past week, tragedy came. I've copied exerpts of what I have typed on Facebook. I would love to tell you more, but right now is so hard to put into words.
Just to give you a small piece of the story...

Tuesday Feb. 10 - Yesterday we went in for a sonogram, I'm 18 weeks. We found out our Little One went Home to be with Jesus about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks ago. Since the baby was past the first trimester, the procedure is different. There is no DNC. I will basically be induced to labor and delivery Little One. It will be a very long day. Lift us up tomorrow in prayer as we are at the hospital, doing what I qualify as horrifying. This note is just about the physical journey, I can not even begin to touch on the emotional one just yet.

Thursday Feb. 12 - Yesterday was a hard day emotionally and physically. But through it all I felt the Savior's hand covering me every step of the way. I asked my Mom to read Psalm 30, it was complete affirmation of the Lord's presence there with us:

I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths......weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning...You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Our words can not thank you enough for your prayers. We are beyond blessed by your love and thoughtfulness. Our journey took an unexpected turn, but God knew, and He knows how wonderful our journey will continue to be as we let Him lead us.With Love,Laura and Paul

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

oh Laura,
My heart cries for you! I am so sorry to hear this has happened. Please know I will be keeping you close in thought and prayer.

In Him,
Ruthie

JRo said...

I love you dearly my sweet friend. I have seen God through all of this, mostly through your own heart. It is my privilege to be your friend. God has created beauty through you.

Praying for you.

Amy said...

We are keeping you, Paul and the boys in prayer. May the Lord sustain you...His grace is sufficient.

Courtney B. said...

Laura, I can't imagine what you and Paul are going through during this time. I'll be keeping you in my prayers! I know the Lord will do amazing things through all of this. -Courtney