Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

We are back from Memphis. The boys and I had a great trip w/ my Mom to visit her family. I grew up going there, so it is fun to take my boys there. Did not get many work outs in, but that is ok. Now I am dealing with the reality of being back home, but excited to get back into my program.

I still am carrying baggage from losing Selah, I know healing will be slow. However, I have been anxiously awaiting my period, to go ahead and cross that hurdle...but did not realize just how emotional that was going to be. I can not really even place my finger exactly on the emotion, I just know it is there. Like your period doesn't make you half crazy anyway. I think I picked up about 7 bags and added them to the ones I am already carrying...process process.

Needless to say, my workout yesterday was great. Nice sore arms and back.

Now to get my cardio in for today, I use the term loosely. My cardio journey is going to be a tough one. My body is just now beginning to feel solid after losing so much blood. On with the show...

2 comments:

Amy said...

The Lord is your strength and your shield...

JRo said...

Cardio always comes slow, it is earned. Just keep with it.. slow and steady wins that race!